Commonwealth Parliamentary Association 2022
- Dehradun August 24, 2022| Canada The 65th Conference of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association has a grand opening in Halifax,Nova Scotia.
- The conference was inaugurated by the Governor-General of Canada, Mary Simon.
- In the inaugural session of the conference, Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly Speaker Smt. Ritu Khanduri Bhushan participated, wearing the Brahmakamal 'pahadi' cap, the identity of Uttarakhand, participated.
- India in the conference was led by Shri Om Birla, President of CPA India Region and Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
- During this, the presiding officers of the Legislative Assemblies of all the states from the India region were present.
- At the inaugural session of the conference, Mary Simon, the Governor-General of Canada, urged Commonwealth parliamentarians to work together to uphold the democratic principles and values of the Commonwealth.
- She said that Commonwealth is not just a name but a goal. A society of nations that work together for common purposes.
- Before the conference, Hon'ble Lok Sabha Speaker Shri Om Birla held a meeting with all the members of India Region.
- In which a strategy was made to have an effective representation from our side on the topics of discussion in the workshop to be held during the CPA conference.
- During this, the Speaker of the Lok Sabha discussed all the topics related to the conference.
Speaker of Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly Smt Ritu Khanduri Bhushan Participating in the 65th conference of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Hon'ble Legislative Assembly Speaker Ritu Khanduri Bhushan has informed that with the aim of strengthening the identity of Uttarakhand on the world stage, she participated in the program wearing Brahmakamal hill cap, as well as this cap was also the center of attraction for everyone.
- Caps were also presented by her to many foreign delegates.
- She informed that at the conference, during various workshops on topics ranging from response to the COVID pandemic to tackling climate change and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals for access and technology to Parliament and building gender sensitive legislatures, were discussed.
- The Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) currently has about 180 branches and is divided into nine regions.
- The Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) organizes workshops and sessions to discuss global political issues and developments in the parliamentary system. More than 600 delegates from all 9 regions are participating in the 65th conference held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Speaker of Lok Sabha Shri Om Birla along with Indian delegates at the 65Th Conference Of CPA Held in Nova Scotia, Canada. Seen in Picture is Speaker of Uttarakhand Vidan Sabha Smt Ritu Khanduri Bhushan, wearing Brahma Kamal Pahadi Cap